yapsiewyee

STORIES...MEMORIES...SWEETIES...BITTERNESS...GOSSIPS...MEANINGFUL...LIFE IS JUST THAT BEAUTIFUL, DON'T U SEE IT?

ONE BERSIH MALAYSIA
Few weeks back, I still don’t know what is BERSIH.
Few days back, I was busy looking for friends to accompany my husband to the rally. Reason being us, having 2 kids, cannot afford to have both arrested. I have to standby to provide legal aid service for any untowards.
Yesterday, I bought few mini buns and still persuading friends to go to keep my husband company.
This morning, I put the minibuns, 2 bottles of waters, a yellow shirt wrapped in a paper giftbag, a cap and a small umbrella in a backpack for my husband.
I was asked to bring my husband to the nearest KTM station – Subang.

We left home at about 10.30am. I drove and of course, my Rui En followed. Due to the road blocks, we were facing terrible jam, I was very upset with the wastage of the resources and taxpayer monies – if I called to say there was a robbery somewhere, do you think I can get any police? I sounded my horn furiously few times on the road to show my unhappiness.

Finally, we skipped the road blocks, after few alternative small routes, we managed to reach Subang KTM station at about 12.00pm. After dropping my husband, I thought of driving back home. Rui En was crying badly wanted to follow the father. That delayed me. Suddenly, my crying boy pointed to front and called papa papa. My husband was walking back to us – many Police were there.

We dropped the paper giftbag in car. With 2 backpacks (one for my husband and one my Rui En) and ONE BIG umbrella, I parked the car and went down with my husband. I bought a ticket to KL sentral for my husband. With few minutes hesitation, when my husband came out from the toilet, I bought another one ticket for myself to KL sentral.

There we go. We reached KL sentral. After feeding my Rui En and bought some more breads to stand by, we were misdirected by the stall owner to go upstairs to buy LRT ticket. Many police cars and police were there. I saw the police trying to arrest a young malay guy and a lady was begging them not to. While this malay guy was struggling, I saw somebody throwing a water bottle which fell onto the crowds of police. That’s where I could not hide my anger anymore. I shouted, I begged you I have a loud voice.

“Apa jadi? Orang Muda saja. Lepaskan dia, stop it!”
There was this young policeman came to me, saying “No worries, the police is only doing their duty, unlawful assembly!”

I shouted back, “We are worried, we are scared! You all made us worried, and you all are scaring us now!!!”

Not to forget, a malay passed by me and said to me, “police state”.

With the anger, I asked the counter where to buy LRT ticket and we were told to go downstairs. We went downstairs. I told I wanted to go to Star LRT station Plaza Rakyat. The Counter told me to go Masjid Jamek the nearest station.

In the LRT. We met people like us. The LRT did not stop at Masjid Jamek. We stopped at Dang Wangi and we walked from there towards the rally.
On our way, we met many people like us. We were near to Masjid Jamek station. At about 1.30pm, many police cars (giant size) dashed to our direction and many police were coming. Yes, tear gas was the immediate thing we can think of. I ran to a corner with my Rui En while my husband trying to go as front as he could. My Rui En was excited, he saw helicopter, police car and “fire engine” (I kept on telling him that was the police car but he could not differentiate cos of the big red size of the truck).

We could not move further. Tear gas was at Menara Maybank there. All the routes towards Merdeka Stadium were blocked. We stayed to observe and go as near as we could.

It started to rain. Mcdonalds was closed. We went 7-11 to buy some drink – I have not even taken my breakfast by then. We bought a raincoat (coincidentally it was yellow colour) for my Rui En, hoping that he would not be wet under the rain. We still attempted to move further until I met few lawyers who was at the legal aid centre standby to provide legal aid service to those in need.

We went to the legal aid centre. I wanted to volunteer my service but was refused – because, I supposed I was near to rally and could not be a neutral or independent person anymore.

Then, I decided to go back until we watched a crowd of people matching towards our direction. Strange to us, the police actually let them go. We were wondering whether these people were supporters of BERSIH and then somebody told that it was the UMNO youth group. My anger hiked up where I was screaming under the rain.
“ASHAME, MALU, DOUBLE STANDARD!” Polices were looking at me but dare not even come near. I think my Rui En is my weapon.

On our walking to Dang Wangi station, we met an even larger crowd marching towards us. When they came near, they confirmed they were BERSIH supporters, so we followed… again until near Menara Merdeka where I could see the tear gas, I ran with my Rui En.

I know, if without Rui En, I will move even further!

It’s alright, we have done our very best! We were very brave to move so far already.

At Dang Wangi station, we were told that KL sentral station was closed. My husband called her sister to wait for us at Kelana Jaya station to fetch us to Subang KTM. In the LRT, we witnessed the large crowds on the road and all of us in the LRT shouted so loudly and so proudly!!!!

On our way back home, still road block was not over, it took us long to cross the road block towards USJ summit….

At about 5pm, I reached home, safely with my husband and my Rui En.

Thanks to everyone who was so supportive, whether you were in the rally or not, the attempts we made to go near there already proven something. The number in Merdeka Stadium does not matter, what matters is the number scattered all over the place or even countries. And, to those closely watching Malaysia KINI at home, following the news on BERSIH, you all have also done a good job by giving your best moral support!

Let us keep up the spirit till the forthcoming General Election! WELL DONE ALL!!

2 comments:

摘自"709 的花絮和感想" by 简戈
http://www.facebook.com/notes/%E7%AE%80%E6%88%88/709-%E7%9A%84%E8%8A%B1%E7%B5%AE%E5%92%8C%E6%84%9F%E6%83%B3/247851581895227

(六)一对年轻的华人夫妇,不但自己来了,还推着一辆婴儿车,下起雨来,俩人赶紧穿上雨衣,连婴儿车都有准备雨衣,我连忙帮手他们把婴儿车盖好,然后一同站在那儿淋雨。(示威都有BB玩,哎哟!那BB好得意)

指的应该是你们和rui en吧?

自油人,

Good to hear that there are still many more people like us.

They are not us.

Regards,
Siew Yee

It's MY blog!

Try to get things started when still able to do so...

My words...

Chat Box